July 14-16, 2023 – Gusinje, Montenegro
The eleventh edition of the Skyrunning European Championships will take place for the first time in the Balkans, in Gusinje, Montenegro in the Prokletije National Park from July 14 to 16, 2023.
The three disciplines are VERTICAL, SKY and SKYULTRA. 27 medals at stake for individual and team titles.
Prokletije Vertical Kilometer®
July 14 – VERTICAL – 3.9 km long with 1,000m vertical climb
July 15 – SKYULTRA – 50 km long with 4,400m vertical climb
July 16 – SKY – 30 km long with 2,150m vertical climb
- The event is open only to National Teams
- All the participants must be selected by their National Member
- Every National Member can select a maximum of six participants per discipline with maximum four athletes of the same gender. Possible maximum distributions are: 4M+2W or 3M+3W or 2M+4W
The maximum number of athletes per team is 18.
- Organisers must host for every official country represented, a minimum of two athletes (bed&breakfast)
*Cost for every extra athlete and/or accompanying person for hotel bed & breakfast, lunch and dinner included: see available options is the Book sent to the teams
- National teams must communicate their official participation and the number of athletes divided by category by May 15, 2023.
- National teams must communicate the names of the athletes by June 15, 2023.
- Each Official National Team will receive two free entries and two complimentary b&b accommodation from (check in July 13 – check out July 16).
- The VERTICAL race will be held on Friday, July 14, with a mass start.
- The SKYULTRA race will be held on Saturday, July 15, with a mass start.
- The SKY race will be held on Sunday, July 16, with a mass start.
- Medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded to the top three ranked women and men for each discipline and for the Combined title (based on the sum of VERTICAL + SKY).
- A Team Ranking will be elaborated based on the individual points accrued by the top four athletes – at least one per gender – in each discipline.
- Other information regarding opening and closing ceremonies, doping controls, pasta parties and all the other activities will be communicated at a later date.
For info and teams participation: email@example.com by May 15, 2023.
Skyrunning Serbia and Montenegro, the ISF member for Montenegro, will sanction the event and oversee it with their referees. WADA anti-doping tests will be carried out at the Championships.