Who, what, where & how
Please consult the ISF Statutes, Chapter IV Members (articles 6 to 11) which describe the complete procedures and conditions to become an ISF Member.
Follow the questions & answers below:
Who can become an ISF Member?
Associations being actively involved in skyrunning competition.
What type of ISF Memberships exist (Article 6):
- Full Members with voting rights (Federations or Associations which act as the national representatives of the sport of skyrunning)
- Associate Members (Associations with no voting rights, affiliated with the sport of skyrunning, or associations in countries where an ISF member already exists)
- Aspirant Members with no voting rights (Associations from countries where no ISF member exists)
- Supporting Members (organisations managing only a specific discipline, not managed by the Full Member)
What criteria do you need to become a Full ISF Member:
- Membership of the relevant National Olympic Committee or actively seeking such membership
- Comply with the ISF Statutes and Regulations and with any resolutions adopted by the ISF
What is the definition of a country?
A country, to be defined as such, must comply with at least one of the two following conditions:
- To be an independent state recognised by the International Community
- To have a National Olympic Committee recognized by the IOC
Key features for ISF Members
- Name – the Association or Federation must include the word “skyrunning” and the nation’s name. An existing Association/Federation must include a section specifically dedicated
- Internal organisation – Member organisation should have an internal organisation complying with national sports rules and with open representation and management.
- Member’s website – Members must have a dedicated website or website section to include activities, race
calendar, rules, Member tag and ISF logo.
- Member’s emails – Each Member must have an official email, preferably including the Member’s name.
- Logo – Each National Member must have an individual logo. Members’ logos cannot include
the skyrunner silhouette or the word “Skyrunner®” which is a registered trademark.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the ISF Member Application Form and for any further information.