April 2, 2023 – San Gerardo de Dota, Costa Rica
The 2023 edition of the Skyrunning North & Central American Championships will take place for the first time in a Central American country, in San Gerardo de Dota, Costa Rica with the La Cumbre SkyRace® on April 2, 2023.
Only the SKY disciplines is included in this edition. Six medals at stake for the individual titles.
La Cumbre SkyRace®
April 2 – SKY – 20 km long with 1,465m vertical climb
- The event is open
- All those wishing to represent their country in the Skyrunning North & Central American Championships must be selected by their National Member
- Every National Member can select a maximum of six participants with maximum four athletes of the same gender. Possible maximum distributions are: 4M+2W or 3M+3W or 2M+4W
- Organisers must host for every official country represented, a minimum of two athletes (half board)
*Cost for every extra athlete and/or accompanying person for hotel bed & breakfast, lunch and dinner included: see available options is the Book sent to the teams
- National teams must communicate their official participation and the number of athletes divided by category by March 1, 2023.
- National teams must communicate the names of the athletes by March 10, 2023.
- Each Official National Team will receive two free entries and two complimentary half board accommodation.
- The SKY race will be held on Sunday morning, April 2, with a mass start.
- Medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded to women and men for the SKY title.
- Other information regarding opening and closing ceremonies, doping controls, pasta parties and all the other activities will be communicated at a later date.
For info and teams participation: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2023.
FECODEM, the ISF member for Costa Rica, will sanction the event and oversee it with their referees.