July 22-24, 2022 – Arinsal, Vallnord, Andorra
VERTICAL – 3.5 km long with 1,000m vertical climb
SKY – 18 km long with 1,500m vertical climb
SKY YOUTH A – 14 km long with 1,400m vertical climb
- All those wishing to participate in the Youth Skyrunning World Championships must be selected by their National Member
- Every National Member can select a maximum of six participants for every category, with a maximum of 18 participants per team
- Organisers must host for every official country represented, a minimum of six athletes and one team manager (accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner), from evening the day before the first race (Vertical) to morning of the day after the last race (Sky) for a total of four nights from Thursday evening to Monday morning
*Cost for every extra athlete and/or accompanying person for hotel bed & breakfast, lunch and dinner included: TBC
- The sixth edition of the Youth Skyrunning World Championships will be held in Andorra, on July 22-24, 2021 at Arinsal, Vallnord.
- National teams must communicate their official participation and the number of athletes divided by category by April 20, 2021.
- National teams must communicate the names of the athletes by June 20, 2021.
- Teams must arrive the day before the first race (Vertical) and stay until the day after the last race (Sky), from Thursday evening to Monday morning (minimum 4 nights).
- The Vertical will be held on Friday afternoon, July 22, with an individual start at least every 20 seconds. Every category will be separated by a minimum time interval of five minutes, starting from YA, YB and U23 Women, and YA, YB and U23 Men.
- The Sky race will be held on Sunday morning, July 24, with a mass start. The YWC SkyRace will be separated by at least 30 minutes from other eventual open races on the same course.
- The official 2022 Youth Championships categories are three:
a. Youth A (15-16-17 years): born January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2007
b. Youth B (18-19-20 years): January 1, 2002 to December 31, 2004
c. U23 (21-22-23 years): from January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2001
- Medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded to women and men for the Vertical and Sky titles and Combined title (based on the sum of Vertical + Sky ) and for the overall Team Ranking (based on the individual points accrued by the top four athletes – at least one per gender).
- The Sky distance will be shorter for the Youth A category (ie: 16 km) and 20-21 km for the Youth B and U23 categories.
- Other information regarding opening and closing ceremonies, doping controls, pasta parties and all the other activities will be communicated at a later date.
Teams and participants should be communicated to: email@example.com by April 20, 2021.
For info: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAM, the ISF member for Andorra, will sanction the events and oversee them with their referees. WADA anti-doping tests will be carried out at the Championships.