July 30, 2023 – Ceresole Reale, Piedmont, Italy
The first ever Masters Skyrunning World Championships will take place for in Ceresole Reale, Piedmont, Italy with the Royal Ultra SkyMarathon® on July 30, 2023.
Three age categories will compete in the SKYULTRA discipline for the 21 medals at stake for individual and team titles.
July 30, 2023 – SKYULTRA – 55 km long with 4,141m vertical climb
The 2023 Masters Skyrunning World Championships categories are three:
- Over 40 (40 to 47 years): born from January 1, 1976 to December 31, 1983
- Over 48 (48 to 55 years): born from January 1, 1968 to December 31, 1975
- Over 56 (56 or more years): born before December 31, 1967
Check the team list
- The 2023 Masters Skyrunning World Championships are open.
- Only athletes selected by the respective Member are counted for the Team ranking.
- Every National Member can select a maximum of six participants.
- Teams can present up to 6 athletes per age category, with maximum four athletes of the same gender. Possible maximum distributions are: 4M+2W or 3M+3W or 2M+4W.
- Organisers must offer a minimum of two free entries for every official country represented.
- The first edition of the Masters Skyrunning World Championships will be held in Italy, on July 30, 2023 at Ceresole Reale, Piedmont.
- National teams must communicate their official participation and the number of athletes divided by category by May 1, 2023.
- National teams must communicate the names of the athletes by June 30, 2022.
- The race will be held on Sunday, July 30. The race will have a mass start.
- Medals (gold, silver and bronze) will be awarded to the top three women and men of each category.
- The Team Ranking is based on the individual points accrued by the top four athletes – at least one per gender – in each age category.
- Other information regarding opening and closing ceremonies, doping controls, pasta parties and all the other activities will be communicated at a later date.
For info and team participation: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2023.
FISky, the ISF member for Italy, will sanction the events.